A Quick Minute with Autumn Binion
Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:16
Written by Denver Design Incubator
Tuesday, 4 September 2012 09:39
Marketing Committee Volunteer Tiffany Bausch caught up with Fashion Show Icon and Denver local Autumn Binion a while back. Binion has been producing shows in New York and Denver for over ten years, and we are honored to have her as part of the DDI family…
- TjB: What are you listening to now?
- AB: What I am listening to right now is a lot of The Sonics, Love, Joy Division, David Bowie (which is always) and The Animals. Its a mix of music genres but I like that, it keeps things interesting.
- TjB: Where is your next dream trip to?
- AB: My dream trip is traveling to Bora Bora or Fiji, building a tree house on the beach or just staying in one of those cool huts over the water and just relaxing, hanging out in the ocean all day then sipping Mai Tais at night in a hammock. I would love that.
- TjB: What was your fav runway show for fall/winter
- AB: I have a few favorites fashion shows from Fall/Winter. I really enjoyed Alexander McQueen and Sarah Burtons take on the heavy shapes and silhouettes and as always, the production element of McQueen shows are always top notch and just visually spectacular. I liked Comme Des Garcons as well for the bold shapes, colors and futuristic element. However, I loved Jeremy Scotts nod to the nineties! The Jane Child Nose Earring accessory and Bart Simpson leg warmers were amazing! Yes please.
- TjB: What is your fav coffee shop in Denver?
- AB: I don’t drink a lot of coffee but when I do, it’s Crema Coffee Shop on Larimer. Hands down the best coffee shop in Denver run by some of the nicest people.
- Autumn Binion is the Owner of Au79 Productions (www.au79productions.com)